TYPES OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may ask you to provide us with two types of information:
- 1. personal information, which is information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and physical address;
- 2. demographic information, such as postcode, interests or similar information.
All of this information will either be collected through a subscription form, through participation in a competition or through our online shop.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
HOW INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED
We use third party software (MailMunch, MailChimp and Wufoo) to collect user data for use in newsletters and competitions.
We sell both digital and physical products through our online shop. In order for us to fulfil those orders we collect personal information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) from our users upon placing an order.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information you provide to us may be used to:
- Send you the Sounds and Colours newsletter or any other email for which you have registered
- Confirm or fulfill any order you have made;
- Contact you with regard to a competition in which you have participated;
- Tailor the advertising and content you see;
- For any other purposes disclosed when you provided your information.
WITH WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED
We do not share your personal information with third parties in any circumstances except for competitions (see below). The only other information we may share from the information collected is demographic information for the purpose of generating advertising revenue. For instance, we may tell our advertisers that 50% of our visitors are female, using anonymous data gathered through Google Analytics using cookies on the web site.
When entering a competition we will not pass your personal information to any third party except in these circumstances:
- if chosen as the winner of a competition that involves the delivery of a physical object it may be necessary for us to pass your name and address detail to a third party so that they can post the prize;
- if chosen as the winner of a competition that involves a non-physical prize it may be necessary for us to pass your name, email and/or phone number to a third party so that they can send you the prize via email or use your details in some other way to award you the prize (for instance, putting your name on a guestlist).
Our subscription list and competitions are all processed through MailMunch, MailChimp and Wufoo, and as such, all data is stored on these third party sites. The only information that is stored on a web server directly managed by Sounds and Colours is information collected from orders at our online shop.
We take the privacy of your information very seriously and take all reasonable measures to ensure that your information is safe. However, as no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, it is impossible for us to make that guarantee. With that in mind, we cannot therefore ensure that the security of any information submitted on the Sounds and Colours website is risk-free.
Sounds and Colours,
30 Warren Avenue