SoundGoods’ Eletro Pankadão Mixtape| 09 March, 2012
While in Rio they dance to funk carioca, and in Belem tecnobrega gets the people moving, in the states of Rio Grande do Sul, Acre and Tocantins, Eletro Funk is the order of the day. Undoubtedly following in the footsteps of funk carioca – of which eletro funk shares many similarities – this is music with a heavier influence of Western house music such as electro or house, resulting in a simpler “four to the floor” sound than funk carioca’s manic rhythms.
As DJ Wolfi says on his site SoundGoods “the lyrics are as prejudiced macho and sexist style as its archetype [funk carioca]” but this doesn’t stop the beats from being ridiculously infectious. Here is the Eletro Pankadão Mixtape:
01. Bonde do Tigrão – Só as Cachorras (DJ Daniel Remix)
02. Dança da Cordinha (Remix)
03. Curtir a Vida (Remix)
05. Mr. Catra (DJ Marcio JF Eletro Funk Remix)
06. Os Caçadores – Zuação (DJ Daniel Borges Eletro Funk Mix)
07. DJ Leonardo
08. MC Luan – E So Pentada Violenta (DJ Marcos Paulo Eletro Remix)
09. MC Marcelly – Uh Aceita (Remix)
10. Gaiola das Popozudas – Quero Te Dar (Remix)
11. DJ Luis Paulo MD
DJ Wolfi of SoundGoods also provided us with the excellent Belém da Bahia: Axé Melody Mixtape, another mixtape paying homage to a new form of dance music in Brazil.
Follow Sounds and Colours: Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.