How to Enjoy the Latin Experience in Manchester06 February, 2024
Experiencing Latin music live in Manchester can be an exciting and vibrant way to spend an evening. Here are some tips to help you find the best Latin music experiences in the city:
- Check Out Local Music Venues: Some venues in Manchester are known for hosting Latin music nights, including salsa, bachata, reggaeton, and more. Look for listings at places like Band on the Wall, The Deaf Institute, and Manchester Academy, which occasionally host Manchester events with Latin Music.
- Find Latin Clubs and Bars: There are clubs and bars dedicated to Latin music where DJs play or live bands perform. Revolución de Cuba and La Tasca are examples of places that might host such nights, offering not just music but also a great Latin atmosphere and dance opportunities.
- Social Media and Online Communities: Join Facebook groups or follow pages dedicated to the Latin community in Manchester. These can be great resources for finding out about upcoming events, concerts, or impromptu gatherings.
- Event Websites and Apps: Use event discovery apps and websites like Eventbrite, Skiddle, and Meetup. These platforms often list Latin music events, including concerts, dance workshops, and club nights. You can search specifically for Latin music events happening in Manchester.
- Dance Schools and Studios: Latin dance schools and studios in Manchester, such as Salsa Freedom and Casa Salsa, often host social dance nights and might have live bands or DJs playing Latin tunes. These events are open to all, from beginners to experienced dancers, and are a fantastic way to immerse yourself in the music and culture.
- Latin Festivals and Cultural Events: Keep an eye out for festivals and cultural events celebrating Latin American culture. These events often feature live music, dance performances, and workshops. Manchester’s diversity means that cultural festivals happen throughout the year.
- University Societies: Manchester’s universities have diverse student populations, and many have societies dedicated to Latin American and Spanish cultures. These societies often organize events, including music and dance nights, that are open to the wider public.
- Networking: Once you start attending Latin music events, make connections with other attendees. Latin music fans in Manchester are typically welcoming and can provide recommendations for other events, private parties, or gatherings where Latin music is celebrated.#
For a lively Latin music experience in Manchester, you have several fantastic venues and events to choose from:
- Revolución de Cuba Manchester: A vibrant Latin-themed music bar known for its eclectic tunes, salsa dancing, and great cocktails. It’s the perfect spot for a night filled with Latin rhythms.
- MNKY HSE: This is a contemporary, music-led Latin American restaurant and bar set to offer a unique blend of vibrant cuisine and live music programming in Manchester’s city centre. It promises an engaging entertainment experience along with delicious dishes designed for sharing.
- La Suerte Dance School: Offers Cuban salsa, Cuban rumba, and bachata classes daily. It’s an excellent venue for both beginners and seasoned dancers, with social dance nights on Fridays and Saturdays to practice your moves.
- Salsa Freedom Manchester: Provides Cuban salsa classes and bachata classes, catering to beginners and intermediate/advanced dancers. They also offer private lessons for couples, wedding dances, and hen parties.
- Salsa de Cuba: Run by Juan from Havana, Cuba, and Susan, offering affordable Cuban salsa lessons. Classes are held at Lock 91 on Wednesdays and at the Interclubbers Bar in Oldham, with no need to pre-book.
- Latin Party Manchester at Revolución de Cuba: Known for thrilling Bachata and Salsa nights. It’s a must-visit for an authentic Havana night experience without the plane ticket. They host a couple of events per month, so checking their schedule is advised.
- Lola Lo Bar: Hosts salsa classes and social dancing on Fridays through Salsa En Manchester. Classes are affordable, and it’s a great spot for more experienced dancers, although dancers of any level are welcome.
Remember, the scene can vary with time, so it’s always a good idea to check the latest listings and confirm event details closer to the date. Enjoy your musical adventure in Manchester!
Follow Sounds and Colours: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.