CON ALMA 05: El Remolón| 29 September, 2020
Producer, occasional band-leader and member of Buenos Aires’ ZZK Records, Andrés Schteingart, has been a trailblazer within Argentina’s club scene for many years. After a decade producing IDM and minimal techno under the nom de plume Drole, Schteingart changed tack and began going under his current moniker, blossoming into something altogether more colourful. As El Remolón, Schteingart more profoundly explores cumbia and its various offshoots, deftly weaving native rhythms, harmonies and instrumentation into both meditative and dace floor-ready productions. For the Con Alma series, Schteingart offers the former: this is an hour of beautifully meditative music which swells towards a rousing climax.
“CON ALMA is a mix between old and neo-folklore, downtempo music from different parts of Argentina, traveling from the North of the country to the eastern coast, mixing the deepest gems of, both, El Remolón’s classic and unreleased material with a dark and emotional mood from other producers.”
1. Ricardo Vilca – Boceteando “Rio Arriba”
2. Cuervo Cuervo – Atitlán
3. Julián Terán – Vidalita Oscura
4. Klik & Frik vs Mario Benedetti – Cedofeita
5. El Remolón – Describo
6. Tremor – Lombriz (El Buho Remix)
7. Peter Power – Spine Tingles
8. Federico Estevez (feat Manu Quintans)- Rio del Cuerpo
9. Lauphan – Cielo Guarani
10. San Ignacio feat El Remolón – Yo también quiero, como vos, canchas de fútbol abandonadas en donde paste el ganado, y patrulloeros abandonados en la playa, a punto de ser integrados por la arena y el sol
11. Dandara + Victor Norman – Cumbia Negra
12. Galo Vermelho feat Tomás Batista – Justino (Viento Sur)
13. Populous feat Sobrenadar – Desierto
14. El Remolón – Afroklunker (unreleased)
15. Mercedes Sosa – Guitarra Dímelo Tú (El Remolón Remix)
16. Mente Orgánica – Soledad
The Con Alma series is a mug of hot coffee served on Monday mornings, to start your week off right. An hour of musical soul food that’s good for the body. Although the series’ name is taken from Dizzy Gillespie’s Latin standard, don’t expect an hour of frenetic bebop – this is gentle introspection, warm sunrises, shower sing-a-longs… always with plenty of soul.
Follow Sounds and Colours: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.