Happy Jazz Radio’s Venezuelan Mix24 January, 2011
You’ve got to give it to the guys at Happy Jazz Radio – they certainly know their stuff. After supplying us with incredible Argentinian, Brazilian, Peruvian and Chilean mixes, we know get their take on the music of Venezuelan, and it’s a pearler. Full of great jazz and salsa, it’s a perfect mix for the evening, afternoon or morning.
- Vytas Brenner – Cerro Del Avila (Emi Parlophone)
- Esperanto – Cosa Sauve (CBS)
- Baquedanu’s – Impressions (Discomoda)
- Frank Quintero & Los Balzehaguaos – Poe Tenerte Cerca (CBS)
- Frank Quintero & Los Balzehaguaos – La Salamandra (CBS)
- Mango – Ajoporro (Integra)
- Mango – Mango A La Freddy (Integra)
- Ray Perez & Los Kenya – Record En T.V. (Pyraphon)
- Frank “El Pavo” Hernandez – El Pito (RCA Victor)
- Los Supremos – Ven A Gozar Morena (Verde)
- Los Dementes – Carnaval De Cueros (Velvet)
- Virgilio Armas Y Su Grupo – Sobre El Orinoco (BASF)
- Virgilio Armas Trio – Repente
- Esperanto – Alegria (CBS)
- Grupo Almendra – Tu Y Yo (Discomoda) (not the Argentinian group Almendra – I believe???)
- Gerry Weil – Little Man (Mercury)
Download This mix is no longer available
You can find out more about Happy Jazz Radio by reading our interview with them HERE.
Follow Sounds and Colours: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.