Pacheko’s New Weird Summer Mix| 04 December, 2012
It’s most definitely not summer anymore, at least in England anyway, but Pacheko‘s mix from earlier this year for NWLA couldn’t be any more relevant. Pacheko, along with fellow Venezuelan Pocz, is one of the men currently responsible for putting changa tuki, a Venezuelan dance music and culture, on the world map.
Pacheko is a DJ and producer from Venezuela. While fascinated by dance music from around the globe, Pacheko’s recent work has seen him come closer to home, working with DJs such as DJ Baba and DJ Yirvin, responsible for distinctly Venezuelan hybrids of dance music such as raptor house and changa tuki. Pacheko’s most recent release was the Changa Letal EP for Enchufada Records, where he and Pocz collaborated with DJ Yirvin, Cardopusher and Buraka Som Sistema on essentially a changa tuki primer.
Pacheko’s New Weird Summer Mix features much changa tuki, alongside hard fusion, kuduro and raptor house. Here’s the tracklisting, listen to the mix at the bottom of the page.
1. Pacheko – Is Like That
2. Dj Phran – 1
3. Nehuen – I Can Only Be Myself
4. Pocz & Pacheko – Aguascalientes
5. Actress – Ascending
6. Pacheko – Don’t Become A Techno Zombie
7. Cardopusher – Hotbox (DVA remix)
8. Dj Baba – The House Of Hiss
9. Dj Chuckie – Caribbean Drums
10. Dj Yirvin & Edward A – The Note
11. Arcade – Contrincante (Nehuen Remix)
12. Banana Empire – Suave
13. Artistic Raw – El Tiburon
14. L.Vis 1990 – VHS crash
15. Buraka Vs DiscoDuro Vs Pacheko
16. Pocz – Verde Vintage
17. Pocz & Pacheko feat. Cardopusher – Los Rompediscotecas
18. Dj Baba – Something Special (Pacheko Edit)
19. Branko feat. Dominique Young Unique – Going In Hard
20. Pocz & Pacheko feat. Dj Yirvin – Muevelo
21. Rashad – Manny Good Feeln Yah
22. Cardopusher – Mata La Changa
23. Chrissy Murderbot – I Nutted In You
24. Chrissy Murderbot – Break U Off
25. Actress – Jardin
26. Flybvck – Pool Party
Follow Sounds and Colours: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.