Looking For Contributors| 19 August, 2014
Sounds and Colours are currently looking for new contributors, for people passionate about South American culture with a strong interest in deepening their knowledge of the music, film, art and literature from that part of the world.
One of our ambitions has always been to offer opportunities to young writers, and that is something that we believe we have done. Many of our writers have used Sounds and Colours as a means to gain experience of writing and editing, while others have found a platform for expressing their passion for South American culture. Whatever you’re looking for, we will do our utmost to make sure contributing to Sounds and Colours is a fulfilling experience.
We have a number of available positions:
- Assistant Editors – we are looking for editors who want to improve their craft, as well as WordPress skills, and would like to work closely with our main editor. This role would suit someone with good communication and written skills and who can use their own initiative to make decisions about potential new content for the site
- Regional Sub-Editors – we are always on the look-out for writers/editors based in cultural capitals around the world (especially London, New York and Paris) who would like to help document the South American scene in that city by posting news about events and happenings, as well as writing articles about prominent figures in the scene
- Contributors – we are always looking for people who want to contribute to Sounds and Colours, whether you would like to write articles or submit photos, videos or illustrations. This could just be a one-off contribution or on a regular basis. Essentially, if we like the idea and it relates to South American culture then we would like to publish your work!
Sounds and Colours is a South American culture website. This means we write about music, film, art, literature and theatre, as well as social or topical subjects when they are related to culture in some way. To us, South America is represented by the continent and its diaspora, including people who have spent large amounts of time in South America or who have some kind of roots in South America. We do not feature politics.
If you’d like to contribute to Sounds and Colours please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- a short explanation why you would like to contribute to Sounds and Colours
- an example of your work, whether it’s just 200 words or a full essay
We look forward to hearing from you!
Abrazos / Abraços
Russ @ Sounds and Colours
Note: All contributions are unpaid at this time. We occasionally have a little money for articles, if there is a related sponsor, but this is very rare. We are an independent publication and create a very small amount of money which is mainly eaten up by the costs of our server, with any remaining amounts going to our one part-time member of staff. We hope that you will compensated by the level of support we give you, by the opportunity of becoming part of a passionate team and by the opportunities that may come from working with Sounds and Colours. We are always looking to grow our business and hope that one day we can pay for contributions, but we are not there yet!
Follow Sounds and Colours: Twitter / Facebook / Google Plus / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.