Botafogo Social Club’s Mixtape #1| 06 May, 2010
This is very exciting! Sounds and Colours are teaming up with Botafogo Social Club to bring you all the flavour of Brazil straight from Botafogo in Rio. Each month they will be holding a club night celebrating the greatest of Brazil’s music and we will be bringing you the tunes that they will be spinning on these nights. It will give all our readers the perfect opportunity to find out more about Brazilian music both old and new, as well as a few of the party classics too!
So without further ado, here is Botafogo Social Club and the first instalment:
A love of music and Brazil lies at the heart of what the Botafogo Social Club is all about, and the monthly airing of low slung grooves and rare foot stompers make for a unique festa in this dark corner of the Rio de Janeiro neighbourhood from which it takes its name.
Comprising five DJs from the UK and USA, as well as impromptu guests both on the turntables and live instrumentation, the music policy is based entirely around the funk: in all it’s forms and from all corners of the globe.
Here is a dip into the BSC bag…
1. Osmar Milito – “Cantaloup Island”
2. Antonio Adolfo – “Aonde Você”
3. Claudia – “Deixa Eu Dizer”
4. Antonio Carlos E Jocafi – “Kabaluere”
5. Arthur Verocai – “Karine (Domingo no Grajau)”
6. Patrice Rushen – “Haw Right Now”
7. Main Source – “Live at the BBQ”
8. Milton Nascimento – “Maria Tres Filhos”
9. A Filial – “Eu gosto tanto de você”
10. Fernanda Abreu – “Kátia Flavia”
11. Astrud Gilberto – “Agua de beber”
12. Marcelo D2 & Seu Jorge – “Pode acreditar”
13. Tim Maia – “Descobridor dos Sete Mares”
14. Raul Seixas – “Mosca Na Sopa”
This mix is no longer available.
More information about the night can be found at Botafogo Social Club’s Facebook page
Follow Sounds and Colours: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram / Mixcloud / Soundcloud / Bandcamp
Subscribe to the Sounds and Colours Newsletter for regular updates, news and competitions bringing the best of Latin American culture direct to your Inbox.